WELCOME STUDENTS!

This is a place for us to discuss openly and honestly the literature we are reading. Here we are all just communicating our thoughts on what we are reading. There are no right and wrong answers. However, you are expected to be polite, mature, and on topic.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The End of an Era

Well, my fine young scholars, this is end of our in class journey. The blog spot is now closed for all fall semester posting. I really hope that some piece of literature touched you, that some piece of literature inspired you to see others in a different light, that some piece of literature made you want to keep reading. I hope to see you every other Wednesday afternoon or around campus next semester. Remember he who doesn't read as no advantage over he who can't read.

7 comments:

Kirkup, The said...

Indeed this era has come to an end...and yet our lives are nearing a new chapter. As much as an anti-literary person I am, I have definitely developed a sort of reverence for the subject. In retrospect, I believe I will miss it...but alas! my new first block is in the neighboring classroom! See you around, KP. It's been fun.
-Steven

Kirkup, The said...

P.S.- It would be absolutely awesome if that comment also counted for extra credit...haha!

Unknown said...

Literature has touched my life since being in your class. Im a anti-reader but now i love to read. I will see you next semester to watch others pass through your door. It's has been a joy.

Anonymous said...

aww mrs. palombo i loved this year with you. it was a blast. i am going to miss all the reading and discussions and the laughs we had this year. i can't believe it. i am almost out of here. i am going to miss you indeed. i will come by and visit from time to time. I LOVE YA!!

D Rocker12 said...

I enjoyed your class very much. I was never really much of a reader before taking your class. Looking back, I realized that I have read a lot. I've learned more about history in your class than my actual history classes. Who knew that pilgrims didn't wear belt buckles? :D I have learned so much in your class. Thank you!

- Dan

BWhite811 said...

Ms P - This is wonderful - wish I had found it earlier in the school year. I do believe you have made readers of these students. I will read, with great interst, the next
AP Blogs. Too bad you cannot be cloned - you are pure excellence in your chosen field. It was a great pleasure to work beside you for all those year. Best wishes for the coming year. Fondly, BWhite

IH said...

I enjoyed learning so much about literature. I feel that all the reading and work is going to help in all my endeavors, especially in college. I felt really accomplished at the end of the semester, knowing that I worked really hard in an advanced placement class. IH