WELCOME STUDENTS!

This is a place for us to discuss openly and honestly the literature we are reading. Here we are all just communicating our thoughts on what we are reading. There are no right and wrong answers. However, you are expected to be polite, mature, and on topic.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Hello, it's me!


Imagine you could call Mark Twain or Ernest Gaines or the author of your independent novel.  Who would you phone and what are three things you would like to talk about with him/her?  Why?  (The deadline to post a response to this blog is midnight, Sunday, January 20, 2013.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I could call the author out of any of the three novels I read, I would call J.D Salinger, author of The Catcher in the Rye. I would want to ask him about what is life was like growing up and if that has anything to do with the hardships faces by Holden Caulfield. I would also want to ask him how he feels about all the studies that were done on the novel and it's connection to many murders like the man that killed John Lennon. The last thing I would want to ask him is if while he was writing this novel, if he knew that it would become such an important literary work. The main reason I would want to ask Salinger all these things is because while reading The Catcher in the Rye, they were questions that came to mind.

Shelby Ladner said...

Out of the three authors of the novels that I read, I would like to call the author of The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck. I would like to ask him how his life was during the time period of which he wrote his novel about. In The Grapes of Wrath, during the Dust Bowl and Great Depression, most of the consistent jobs were in California, which is where Steinbeck originally lived. I would like to ask him what struggles, if any, he might have faced during this time or what his view was on the struggles of so many others. Lastly, I wondered and would ask him if he knew a family that went through the troubles and obstacles just like the Joad family did.

SL