WELCOME STUDENTS!

This is a place for us to discuss openly and honestly the literature we are reading. Here we are all just communicating our thoughts on what we are reading. There are no right and wrong answers. However, you are expected to be polite, mature, and on topic.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Let's be honest...

As we read Lord of the Flies, we discuss the actions of the boys--some we check as productive and true; others we label ridiculous and harmful.  However, let's be honest here, what went wrong in today's island challenge.  Not judgement...what did you do wrong?  Did you analyze each item and think about its value? Did you listen to someone else or think for yourself?  Did you try to voice your opinion and get over-ruled?  Did you get too focus on one thing and get off track?   (The deadline to post a response is midnight, Nov. 1, 2013).

5 comments:

SA block 2 said...

My group worked well together, and we listened to each other. However, we all misunderstood the challenge. I became frantic just like the boys and tried to complete each task. I rushed through everything without determining the importance of it, and this lead to my elimination from the island.

Lealah Watson said...

Although my group won, we still had a few problems. We approached the challenge as how would Ralph handle things. We figured that out and didn't try to complete everything, only the necessities. We were a little panicky at the beginning, but I kept telling my group we should stay calm and we did. We worked well as a group and we didn't over talk each other or leave anybody. I think we handled the challenge well because we worked well as a group.

Unknown said...

The problem my group had is that we didn't properly discuss it. My team just started running around trying to complete the tasks. We didn't truly analyze the instructions like we should have, either. If we would have really discussed it, I think we would have realized we needed to only complete the necessary tasks. I believe we could have done much better than we did.

Unknown said...

My group worked well together;however, it took us a few minutes to calm down and to discuss as a group the importance of each task. At times, I felt like I was over-ruled when I said something. After a bit of thought and group deliberation, things ran smoothly.

Unknown said...

My group did great. However, we did not fully understand what we were expected to do in the challenges. I felt as if there were rules that we should follow. Without those rules, I was running around trying to finish everything.