WELCOME STUDENTS!

This is a place for us to discuss openly and honestly the literature we are reading. Here we are all just communicating our thoughts on what we are reading. There are no right and wrong answers. However, you are expected to be polite, mature, and on topic.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I think I will read...

Today, we completed the oral book presentations.  You listened as your fellow classmates reported on several novels.  Which novel report sparked your interest?  What did you learn about the novel that has peaked your curiosity?  (The deadline to post a response is midnight, January 22, 2014.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The report that spiked my attention the most was The Life of Pi. I'm not sure if this is a fair answer though because I have seen the movie. With this in mind, it was easy for me to follow along the adventurous plot whereas my mind often drifted during other presentations. My favorite part of this presentation is the question of which story of Pi's is the real one. Although I thoroughly enjoyed this presentation I did not learn much because it was all the facts in the movie. The report that made me truly want to read the book that was being presented was Aulora's book The Picture of Dorian Grey. I was truly pulled into the novel and I wanted to read the intricacies of it for myself. She presented it in a very formal matter and hit the main points that seemed interesting. I learned the lesson of her book seemed to be careful what you wish for.

Unknown said...

I greatly enjoyed Dana Reppel's presentation on Jane Eyre. Her tri-fold caught my attention with her greatly done painting. I tried thinking of what it could mean, but I was unable to until she explained it to me. I wasn't able to clearly understand it myself when I first read it, but Dana's explanation was able to make it clear for me. The characters made more sense as well as their relationship to one another. Even though it was drawn out, I greatly enjoyed it.
-AR